The Victoria Centre provides a meeting place for the multi-cultural and multi-faith community of Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
Activities run from the centre include: Friendship and Luncheon Clubs for elderly residents; Breakfast, After school and Youth Clubs; and English language classes.
The Centre also provides a venue for groups such as the ‘Women Have a Go Group’ the ‘Choices Project’ (for people with learning disabilities) and an information centre for newr arrivals, to name just a few.
Staff at the Victoria Centre work in partnership with other community organisations on project delivery, the welfare of residents and community issues.
POST OF: Deputy Head of Childcare Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Childcare Services
HOURS OF WORK: 37 hours per week
MAIN PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
- To provide high quality care and education in a safe, stimulating environment.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Pre-School/Holiday Club/After school Club and undertaking all the necessary duties in the absence of the Head of the childcare services, fulfilling all legal and statutory requirements.
- Working alongside the Head of the childcare services to oversee the curriculum planning and ensure the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage are implemented for learning, development, and care, promoting continuous improvement.
- To supervise staff, volunteers, and students on a day-to-day basis. To work in partnership with parents and other agencies, to support children effectively.
- To act as the Special Educational Needs Coordinator and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead in the absence of the Head of the childcare services.
KEY QUALITIES REQUIRED:
1.Holder of minimum level 3 Qualification in Child Care / Early Years.
2.Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in Child Care/ Early Years.
3.Supervisory experience or significant deputising responsibility experience.
4.Must hold a Paediatric First Aid qualification.
5.Must hold or obtain a Food Hygiene Qualification to level 2.
6.Flexibility, determination, reliability, cheerfulness, and honesty.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email email@example.com for an application form & full job description or call 01933 277400.
Closing date 27th May 2022